Saturday, August 25, 2012

Working out the kinks of a new block tutorial

I am working on another block tutorial for a 12.5 inch square block that I can use for the September Nubees swap EDIT: Here is the tutorial. I had this idea to play with light and dark tones to make a log cabin block with a cross. Here is my first finished block (note the 7 inch long rotary cutter for scale):


Hmm, a little big, right? It's 19 inches square. I never was good with math. I knew when I was cutting huge pieces of fabric that something was wrong. Oh well. I decided to trim it down to 18.5 inches square and make another pillow for my living room. 


Close up of the concentric circle quilting

Here is the back. It is a hand printed fabric my friend S brought back from a trip to Vancouver. 

Operation redo all of the sofa pillows is 50% complete.


An unanticipated check on my to-sew list for a productive Saturday morning. Stay tuned for a tutorial on a smaller version of this block.

No comments:

Post a Comment