Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Scrappasaurus Rex spread out all over the table. I still need to finish the Arkansas crossroad blocks and then I will be ready to assemble the face.


I made a crayon roll up for a friend of mine's child who turned 2 today. The birthday party is this weekend.I based it on these two tutorials from A Crafty Fox but also this one from the Today We Made blog. It was supposed to be a work in progress but it came together so quickly. I guess that is a good thing!

Color coded slots for the crayons.
I used scraps for the patches and a vinyl fabric for the inside so that the crayon wax wouldn't destroy the holder. The outside print is a home decorator weight fishy fabric from Joanns.
All tied up with shoelaces ready to be gifted. I hope the little man likes his gift.
 Saw these guys in the Target parking lot. Thought I would share.

Happy hump day everyone!

2 comments: