Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Here is my finished scrappy Arkansas crossroad block quilt top. Even though I posted on this yesterday, it is so massive and I am so proud of it that it deserves another shout out. I was going to baste it last night but I do not have a piece of batting that is big enough.


I started working on a baby quilt for some good friends who are expecting in December (plenty of time to finish it right?!). I decided on the Jungle path baby quilt pattern from the Moda Bake Shop. 


It mostly Monsterz and Simpatico from Cloud 9. The colors go perfectly together from the two lines. The gray solid is silver lining by connecting threads. And I can't remember where the dots are from at the moment and since the fabric is all nicely folded up again so you will just have to wait.

I am also still chugging along with the Zakka style SAL. This week is a picture frame and I have absolutely none of the supplies needed to construct a frame so maybe I will pass on this week...

10 comments:

  1. Love the scrappy Arkansas! It looks so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Arkansas is beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the baby quilt's progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Simpatico & Momsterz! They really do look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Arkansas Crossroad quilt is wonderful! Bright and cheery....lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart anything scrappy! Here's to staying focused on that baby quilt - December will sneak up on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Arkansas Crossroad quilt is absolutely beautiful! Also love the colours in the baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabric choices for your baby quilt and I love your Crossroad quilt. Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Arkansas Crossroads is fabulous and I love your taste in fabric for the baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Arkansas crossroad quilt looks like a great way to use up scraps or a jelly roll! I'll definitely keep it in mind for my next strippy project!

    ReplyDelete