Monday, August 6, 2012

Christmas came early this year

I won my first ever prize today for my potholder entry into Sew Festive Handmade's Christmas in July link party. Rebecca over at SFH said I didn't have a blog but, HA, I made one yesterday so there. It was great to look at all the other entries and I hope we will do another holiday party next year.

Here is my Inside Out Christmas Goose pillow:

I will definitely be making another pillow with my prize fabric. Can't wait to get frustrated sewing the tiny pom-pom trim.


Happy Christmas Trees lap quilt. I can't wait to snuggle under it come winter time. It was made from a fat quarter bundle I got at Quiltology in Chicago in June.


Here is a close up of the binding (from Joann's) and the quilting. I chose to do some free motion quilting of figure 8's.

And of course the back. It was made with scraps of the remaining prints in a panel down the center. I also stuck in two trees which never made it to the front. The green fabric is a modern looking tree design from Joann's.


Only 5 more months until Christmas folks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment