Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIP Wednesdays - Cutting fabric All. The. Time.

Happy WIP Wednesday! Brought to you by:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced (and my rotary cutter)

Last week was muy productivo. So first some finishes,
1. Nested boxes a la Zakka (last project in the SAL <sniff>)
2. NuBees blocks for September
3. Surgical cap to make my Husbeast's surgical rotation more fun

 I didn't have a pattern. He brought me home one of the disposable ones and I deconstructed it to make the pattern for this one. If you want me to write up a pattern for it just let me know. It took less than an hour to make. I used fabric from connecting threads mastermind collection so I can slowly get over my fear of robots. Plus now we can say he is a gear head (I crack myself up).

Since then I have been cutting all the things. My poor rotary cutter. Progress on my roller rink. Sashing cut. So impressive I know. Excuse the pics again, it was late.

Kona bone for the dark-light-dark blocks and Kona Espresso for the light-dark-light blocks

Spinning stars progress = 

Spinning stars fabric cut
Cutting pieces for my template and having a grand time. From top to bottom C, B, A.
A= 5 x 5.5"
B= 7 x 3.5"
C= 9 x 5" (enough for two C templates)
And of course I will save all the scraps and use them later for a wonky quilt.

Happy hump day WIPpers!

5 comments:

  1. Oof, cutting is not my fave. You're smart to knock it out at once.

    I need to hear more about this robot fear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gear head! Classic....
    I would also like to hear about a robot fear.
    Pretty fabrics for the spinning stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have a lot of fabric cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute project! Would love for you to come share at Quiltstory.blogspot on Tuesdays too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you made a scrub cap!! That is super cool!! I think you should absolutely post the pattern. That way all the wives of Dr's and Mums of wanna be Dr's can make a special hat! (I know I'm lame that I think it's a hat but whatever! lol)
    E

    ReplyDelete