Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Quilting and Sewing Expo

I may not be going to the sewing summit or other big quilt cons but I did get to go to the Original sewing and quilting expo when it came to Birmingham (Alabama, not England, England would be way cooler). I went with K and got to meet another local blogger, Katie from Katie's Korner. Was great to finally talk shop in person.

It was a pretty small venue. I walked all over it in about 90 minutes. I got to try my hand at a long arm quilter. I also managed not to buy any fabric. That is pretty impressive. Here are some of my favorite quilts from the expo. Lots of inspiration here.

  I loved the colors and the mix of blocks in this one:
Summer Siesta, designed by Theresa Eisinger and made by Kim Waite

The scrappy nature of this one drew me in:
Scrappy triangles designed and made by Jean Nolte. 
Apparently there are 864 HSTs. Sounds like a challenge.

This one was great. All solids, and the color placement is perfect:
Amish buggy wheels designed and made by Jean Nolte (apparently I like her designs)

1 comment:

  1. It was great to meet you! It's easier to pass up fabric when it's $13/yard, right?

    ReplyDelete