Friday, September 7, 2012

Philisophical Pfridays - The quilt that started it all

I would like to take a few minutes to get nostalgic this Friday. This is the quilt that got me into quilting:


My friend K over at Crafternoon Delight made it as a wedding gift for me. Can you believe this was her first quilt? Her grandma quilts and she helped K out with the construction. It has several types of patchwork blocks including photos of me and my hubby and of our pets we had at the time.

 This was our first Halloween together. We went as Walter and Perry from Home Movies. Yeah, we are nerds like that

 It also has a custom monogram embroidery in the center. 

I got married in May 2010. Leading up to my wedding, K kept telling me it would be the best wedding present we get and I couldn't think of what it was at all. It really was our best present (sorry everyone else but quilts trump all) and it got me into quilting. My husband got me my sewing machine for my birthday exactly 2 years ago!

What was your first quilt you received or made?

Happy Friday, peeps and Happy Birthday/sewing anniversary to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment