Wine totes as a christmas gift for my labs gift exchange. We are doing a dirty santa thing or something.
Used this pattern from Needle and Spatula blog. I found it on Pinterest. I made one slight but significant alteration to the pattern that I think will make construction a lot easier. I did not cut out the holes in the outer or lining fabric before sewing the two pieces together. Instead I lined them up, drew my stitch line onto the backside of the outer fabric, stitched it and then cut out the center. That way you don't have to worry about lining up any holes or sewing things that are cut on the bias. Make sense?
I also finished two of my Christmas pillows. Only one more to do for those of you keeping track of that sort of thing.
This one is QAYG log cabins. I decided to do binding to finish this one.
Spinning stars pillow complete. Hand quilted and trimmed with little pom-poms. Aww.
Close up of all my hard work.
Yep I also made another Zakka messenger bag. I love this pattern. This one is a commissioned piece for one of my very cool coworkers.
I used canvas for the outside to give it some durability. Habitat prints in the lining and outer pockets, Hope valley for the inner pockets and bias tape.
Back of the bag and back of my pup. HA.
Mucho thanks to Kim for finding the hardware for this bag.
Linking up with Plum and June Monday link up.
And with Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesdays