Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Hotel Room Sewing

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I've been at a work conference since Sunday so not much sewing progress this past week. I did cut a boatload of charms and got some hotel sewing done.

 I also sewed together a mini quilt. Can you tell what it is? This is going in my office next year.
 I still need to bind it and I hope some of the wonk that was introduced during the quilting goes away when I wash it. Not sure why that happened. I used my walking foot and basted it pretty well considering it is small.

Check out what everyone else has been working on at Lee's blog.

6 comments:

  1. Yay to sewing on the move! I have a 3-hour train work trip coming up: and so a hand-sewing project to keep me busy. Is that a periodic table? Happy stitching and happy chemicaling (well, it should be a word...)! JJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Periodic Table!! I plan on making a big one, sometime... Have you been sewing that other quilt by hand while you're away? It's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to hotel room sewing! I am sitting in a hotel room right now looking at my sewing machine and trying to decide if I have the energy to sit at it... The answer is probably no. Also, the periodic table is awesome. Super awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to get some sewing done at a work conf! Love the mini periodic table - did you use a tutorial or just go with your own layout?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wall hanging is great! What a fun idea. Your hotel sewing is impressive!

    ReplyDelete