Thursday, January 31, 2013

January LYoF - Eggplant and Mustard



January 
Goal was set to finish my mustard and eggplant lap quilt. 
Relevant progress links last three blocks and finished top and binding.

Mission accomplished!
Eggplant and Mustard
Final size is 55 x 68"
Eggplant and Mustard
blocks contributed by kim, 21bakerstreet, Lynnmariewood, Alison, sunshine_sally, seahorsequilts, runswithscissors, Anne, fresh raspberry quiltsstampqnjlr, pemiddleton, and shimmyblisster. Thanks ladies!

Not to single anyone out, but I have to give mad props to Donna (aka. seahorsequilts) for parting with some coveted mermaids in this perfectly pieced block. 


The back is mostly a large scale print from cocoon called Metamorphosis plus some of the leftover flannel from the pink-a-lime-a-tron quilt back. The binding is Kona celery, also leftover from the same project.
Eggplant and Mustard

Eggplant and Mustard
The woodgrain quilting shows up nicely on the back. I quilted this one with a neutral Aurifil thread and it only took a few hours. Much easier design than the last quilt!! And the texture is to DIE for. I am snuggled under it right now.

The quilt has found a new home on my couch. Giant laser-eyed dog for scale.

Linking up with LYoF, TGIFF, Crazy Mom Quilts and the rest of the world.

12 comments:

  1. This came out fab!! Also, I saw that plus block on one of my flickr pools, I didn't realize you got it!! Those mermaids are so perfectly pieced in there, it's one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching you put this quilt together and I am so excited to see it all done! Also, that quilting makes me weak in the knees. I so love it and I can't even feel the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! Congrats on achieving your January goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color combo is very cool and kinda unexpected. I'm a fan. And I'm going to start having you quilt my quilts, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combination!
    Love the dog too

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! Great backing choice. Woodgrain quilting?!? Someone brought a woodgrain quilt she had done to my quilt guild and I was all, maybe in a few years I will be good enough to do FMQ that difficult! Yours looks so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors, I like the mix with grey and love how different the blocks are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gorgeous! Great color combo, and I just love the wood grain quilting. I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! this is one of my favorite color combos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh love the laser eyed dog! Was he looking for loose threads? Great finish thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out beautifully! Love how you placed the blocks and the quilting pattern is awesome! Laser eyed dog looks so happy, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete