Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Starry Pouch for A Friend

I am a terrible post office goer. I made a little pouch for a friend in May and then I stuck it on top of some envelopes to mail later. Fast-forward to February and I sent it! And now that Anne at Play Crafts finally got it, I can share it with you here.

I used my star patchwork piecing tutorial with reds orange and purples. This time I made the background transition from white to black.



I love the way it looks side-by-side:


 I even embroidered her logo on the front and hand quilted around the stars in complementary threads.

Some more photos of the front and back of the pouch.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it's fucking awesome!!! Wait, am I allowed to curse here?
    Seriously, LOVE it. If it'd ever stop raining, I'll get a real photo of it. :)
    I love that it's been done since May. That is how I handle mailing stuff, too. The main reason I'm not doing bees and swaps this year is that I hate dealing with mailing stuff!

    <3 you and my pouch!!

    ReplyDelete