Monday, January 20, 2014

Another Another Quilted Tote

I made another quilted tote. Can't get enough of these. A co-worker requested a tote in earth tones. Not exactly my normal color scheme but the autumnal colors were so perfect in tune with the season when I started this in October. Fast forward a few busy months and voila!

Once again I used the Garfunkel paper pieced block from the block rock'n series over at  627handworks and modified the market shopping bag pattern from Leanne at She Can Quilt. For the other side I used some mirage solids from connecting threads with a smattering of squares using the background fabric, essex yarn dyed linen in flax.

I was able to piece it together at the Bham MQG meeting. But the lining fabric I brought to quilt with was too small (wah, wah). So, it sat in the closet until last weekend. Then in a surge of energy I quilted it assembled the bag in a day.

mmm wavy lines of goodinessitude.


 The lining pulls from the earthy tones on the outside but also packs a bit of a punch with the pink and yellow. I also added 4 pockets for better organization.

It's huge. Aka the perfect size for library trips with the kids or hauling everything a college professor needs on any given day.

I love how the quilting looks on the back. It's so...faux bike paths.

This semester is going to be even busier than last but I will make some attempts to blog when I can. 

3 comments:

  1. Don't stop till you get enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a new bag just makes the day brighter. This may explain why I have a closet full of them. Did you free motion the squiggly lines?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Thank you for blogging it!

    ReplyDelete