Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bee blocks

Today's post is all about catching up on bee blocks. I'm a member of That Stash Bee, an online quilting bee where you use your stash to make blocks for the other hivemates each month. I like the challenge of searching through my stash for the perfect complementing fabrics. This has been particularly challenging because I haven't bought new fabric for months and I recently was without my sewing machine for about 2 months so I was a bit tardy on the May blocks.

March - 8 darting bird blocks that were so pretty but uh...I didn't photograph before I mailed them... 

April - 8 churn dash blocks in brights with LV background. Made these at the Stash Bash retreat and sent them off to Ginny the bloggess behind Fish Creek Studio.


May - 2 St. Louis 16 blocks. These were the first things I sewed after moving to St. Louis. How appropriate! These made it to their destination about a month late ooopsie! Sent to Cathy.

June - 2 asymmetrical 9-patch blocks (FREE pattern by Don't Call me Betsy). These I sent to Debbie at A Quilter's Table.

July is my month and I am asking for Christmas in July! 2 Christmas themed 12.5" blocks out of squares. Either a 4-patch or a 9-patch AND a 16-patch or a 36-patch. I mixed up some themed prints with other fabrics that fit in my color scheme. A sprinkling of ridiculous Christmas fabric such as the Chihuahua fabric below is strongly encouraged. I made one of each as examples:

    4-Patch   9-patch


16-patch   36-patch

Once all these blocks come in, I am going to make one crazy Christmas quilt. I will be making more blocks in the meantime. I want this one to fit on my guest bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment