Sunday, April 21, 2013

Briar Rose Quilt Design Contest

Briar Rose Quilt Design Contest

Threadbias is hosing a design contest using their Quilt design tool and Heather Ross' upcoming quilting cotton line Briar Rose. 

Playing with the quilt design tool is loads of fun. There is a tutorial to get you started but I just played around with the shapes. It is really easy to learn the basics.

Here is my entry On the Fence. The Briar Rose collection brings to mind picnics, and lazy sunny days. I wanted to create a gingham-like pattern by playing with color value. This is a variation of my Across the Square block.



Over at Threadbias you can check out the other entries or create your own. You will need a (free) Threadbias account to enter but you don't need to pay for the design tool. You have until May 5 to enter.

2 comments:

  1. I like the secondary pink plus design! LOVE this fabric, I am basically holding my breath until July. Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh go on then, I've been putting off entering but yours is so pretty

    ReplyDelete