Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Daybor

I hope everyone is having a restful Labor Day (sounds like an oxymoron). I had a lot of quality time with my sewing machine this weekend, which means I have lots of finished projects to share.

First is a pillow that sat unquilted for a long while. It is made with the scrap blocks from my parisville chevron quilt. I quilted it using an echo rainbow quilting pattern. I found it on the free motion quilting project website. If you haven't been there, please check it out. I piped it with more parisville and then backed it in a dark purple.

parisville pillow

Again, true to my leave no scrap behind philosophy, I have another set of triangular scraps that will make a companion pillow one day.

I finished the HST pillow. It's huge, 24 inches square. I quilted the white parts with matching thread. I didn't want to make the colored triangles any busier. It makes me very happy.

HST pillow

 I have another pillow just like it to recover. Hubs wants another one just like this, I said maybe. I would be more inclined to do so if he would square up all the HSTs...

I also finished the simpatico monsterz baby quilt. To follow the progress see here and here. I just love this soothing palette.

Simpatico Monsterz - front

Note to the reader - that is not a dirty carpet, it is my concrete driveway. My hubs thought it was our floor and did not want you to think we don't vacuum. In other news, we don't sweep our driveway, but who does?

Quilted with some loopy FMQ action... zoom....

holding hands is the bestest

Here is the back. A monsterz panel flanked with a dot fabric. Still not sure what line it is. The selvedge only says that it came from fabrics.com but I bought it at my LQS. I bound it with a teal blue solid by Sandy Gervais for Moda. It is super silky soft and a bit darker than the monsterz teal. I used a zig-zag stitch to make it super baby friendly (you can see that a bit better a few photos down). This quilt can be washed a lot and will just get softer. 

Simpatico Monsterz- back


This is my favorite part of the back. A little orange monster is peaking out from the dots. Aaah so cute.


This quilt is all rolled up and ready to be shipped. That is the part that takes the most time for me, yeah driving to the post office. Good thing the baby is not due until December.

Simpatico Monsterz

Back to reality tomorrow. Boo.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! I love the simpatico Monsterz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HST pillow is gorgeous! I may have to copy :)

    ReplyDelete