Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall is here

Did you know I also love to bake? Fall means baking with apples and pumpkin. Observe:

Whole wheat apple pancakes for breakfast (Sunday)

Honey glazed pork chops and pasta with a pumpkin cream sauce for dinner Monday night. (oops I ate pork on Rosh Hashanah at least it had honey in the sauce. I think it is OK)


Apple cake for dessert. 

NOW this is Rosh Hashanah approved. I like my apple cake to be 50/50 batter and apples. I also like lots of cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and cloves. 
I think I probably could have just eaten the batter... mmmm....

I started with this recipe and added more spices. Also no nuts. I don't like them in my cake. The recipe says it is the best apple cake in the world, and it pretty much was.

l'shana tova peeps.

1 comment:

  1. I vouch for the cake. I ate my hunk in about 1 second flat. I wanted to savor it but I wanted to eat it all more!

    ReplyDelete