Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday - not much going on

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This last week I sewed with some new quilty friends at the Birmingham Modern Quilt Guild's first meeting ever on Sunday. Birmingham as in Alabama, not England. We got together from 1-4 and sewed, cut, and gabbed out little hearts out during a huge thunderstorm. Good thing the power stayed on I didn't bring any handiwork projects.

I don't have much to show for my hours of sewing that day. I am in the block construction stage for piecing a quilt for my sister. At least it is out of the project bag since I cut all the fabric in December.
Apiary quilt pattern by Kate Spain. I even found some cute bee fabric that I will incorporate into the back of the quilt. Hopefully that won't be too literal for my artsy sister.

I also made some progress with my EEP stars during Downton Abby. 
I got a lot further owing to the awesomeness of a 2 hour episode. Longer episodes means the end is drawing near for this season. I think the finale is next week. Sadness.

I have't touched my sewing since Sunday which is weird for me. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have been arriving at work at 5:45 am all week. Anyway, enough of my blubbering. Any of you going to the stash bash in Atlanta in April? I am! If you are, I can't wait to meet you. If you aren't, I think there are still a few spots left.

The Stash Bash

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the quilt for your sister take shape. Love the bees!

    ReplyDelete