Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Positively Sewing

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Happy Wednesday. The middle of the week just seems to slip up on me these days. Here is what I have been working on the past week:

Testing the Sew Positive pattern for Elizabeth at Don't call me Betsy. This pattern will be for sale soon. It is a fun mix of large and small plus blocks. I am going for a lap-sized quilt and made most of the large plusses 
 I went scrappy with the prints and the background, no surprise there.

The print on the right was my inspiration for the color palette. It is a Robert Kaufman mosaic print.

I made one of the small plusses blocks to test it out and have cut out most of the fabric for the rest of these. I'm already thinking about some fun ideas for the back and how I am going to quilt it. I can't wait to see where this goes.

I also made a small bit of progress on my mitosis cross-stitch. I fill in the background green when I am watching movies. No thought required, score!

What have you been working on? Check in with all the other WIPper's at Freshly Pieced.

1 comment:

  1. Those mitosis cross stitches are looking awesomesauce! And I can't wait to see the plus quilt finished! Pattern tester for Elizabeth...so lucky!

    ReplyDelete