Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WIP Wed - EPP travel pic

If you are looking for my  click right here.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Hey WIPpersnappers. I'm getting my WIP post in under the wire this time. I've been working on a project that was for the traveling picstich blog hop which finished a few days ago. Deadlines are not my forte this week.

This is a photo of Apaneca, El Salvador (My hubs homeland). I used Anne's palette builder from  Play Crafts blog (aedesigned on flickr) to make a palette.
Apaneca, El Salvador

She came up with this beautiful bundle on her Fabric Friday post based on the colors in the palette and then I bought them (I made a few substitutions so I could purchase them all from one place).

Please don't drool on your computer.

Then I started some EPP diamonds. Baste on a plane! (and in a hotel!). EPP is great for traveling. I am a EPP convert. Plus, I got to use a little needle envelope my friend made for me.

The diamond are becoming stars. This will turn into a very large pillow.

Happy Wedneday (almost Thursday) which means it is almost the weekend and then almost vacation time in a few weeks woohoo! Check out all the other WIPs here.

5 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!! That's so awesome! :D I can't wait to see this when it's done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your fabrics. The stars look great. I have put a link for the palette maker on my side bar. Great tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those stars. You are so patient to hand piece those. I am so scared to venture into that realm. Those colors are perfect too! It will look great.

    P.S. I so agree with you on the count down to the weekend and to vacation. I am so ready for the break. Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table full of basted diamonds, coffee, and needle & thread looks SO appealing to me right now! The holiday crazies have got me and I can't wait to get back to "real" sewing work. Love how your stars are coming, this'll be a lovely pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pep project! I'm sure the final pillow will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete